Saturday, September 5, 2020

20 weeks - HALFWAY there!

I can't believe we're already halfway there! I'd take a bumpdate picture, but I think I look exactly the same, feel about the same, and gained about the same weight (5lb) as I have before at 20 weeks. Does that mean it's another girl??


Maternity wear: Since my first pregnancy, I've gone up a size or 2 in pants, so they have fitted a little looser post-partum, giving me room to stay in them until now. My current pants are still fitting with a Maeband which has been great! The shirt situation is gonna get dicey here soon so I will definitely have to break out the Fall/Winter maternity wardrobe I wore with Grace.


Anatomy scan: We have one stubborn baby on our hands! Each ultrasound, little babe has refused to roll over from laying on its belly so it was a little tough to get a good view of the face. But once we finally did, our US tech says, "Oooh! Looks angry." 😒 Phenomenal. Baby otherwise looks healthy!!




Movement: Yes! So I started feeling Grace and Edith kick around week 18 - placenta was between me and baby so this is pretty common to not feel kicks until later in pregnancy. But this time around, placenta is behind the baby so I was hoping I'd feel kicks sooner...and I did, by one week. Feeling reassuring kicks against my hand might be my favorite part of pregnancy. That, and kicks so hard Mathias can feel them...which may be happening in the next week or so!


Nursery: Edith was moved into Grace's room when she was about 3 or 4 months old after I went back to work, and the switch was pretty smooth. We don't plan on putting the baby in the "big girls" room...their closet/dresser is already overflowing and I don't want a bunkbed + crib situation in there. Instead, new baby is moving into Bee's room, and Bee is moving into the FROG. Thing is, we have ALOT of renovations to do upstairs before that can happen. You know how much I love a major reno project while I'm pregnant...

Things that need to be done by the end of the year, or at least in the next 6 months:

  • Clear out existing furniture/boxes/THINGS so we can tear the carpet up
  • Build out a closet 
  • Paint bookshelf white
  • Install a mini-split (AC unit + heater)
  • Install new flooring, likely a snap/luxury vinyl that looks like dark wood
I'd love to also do an(other) attic clean-out, re-do the insulation during the coldest months, and replace the banister with a cabling...but if I can get 2 out of 3, I'll be happy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment