Friday, January 15, 2021

40 weeks - Last post before baby's arrival and possibly my first "bumpdate"


From our 38wk Ultrasound (which I thought would be our last!)

I also didn't realize how much this baby looks like Edith, but they are almost identical!


I also realized I haven't actually posted a "bumpdate" with a side profile like I did every few weeks with previous pregnancies! So here you are ladies and gents. A side profile of me looking the exact same as I did at 40 weeks 3 and 4 years ago



Technically, I won't be 40 weeks until tomorrow but I have lots of updates!

Since Christmas Eve, we have:

  • Closed our Mt. Pleasant restaurant and moved everything from the store-front to the new/not new (it's been in the family since I was little) facility. Some of it is in our garage and a good bit of it needs to be sold or donated. Also started some reno work on the facility.
  • Finished the closet build-out in the upstairs reno. All (I say "all" like it's that simple) that needs to happen now is finish putting up drywall on the 2 short walls, sand all the new mud, paint walls and built-ins, and move remaining things on the ground into the attic so we can lay down flooring. Mathias's parents will be here later today so hopefully we can get alot of this done while they're here!
  • Nested like crazy. I finally washed the newborn clothes and things we'll need in the first 2 weeks, and thrown more things away that I've been hoarding over the last 3 years. There's only so much I can do in the way of nesting since I can't move anything into the baby's room yet!
  • Finished packing my hospital bag and printed my birth plan.
  • Rented and put together our Snoo. I am VERY excited about this and will absolutely report back!
  • Probably the biggest thing: cancelled our induction. 2 weeks ago, my doctor said she'd be on-call 2 days before my due date and that it would be ideal to go ahead and schedule an induction for that day. Now, neither of my kids were early (Grace just a day late and Edith, almost a week). So it wouldn't be like me to go into labor early. Plus the chances of having a c-section increase when you push the body into something it's just not ready for. With each week, I learned I've progressed very little and made the final decision earlier this week to just wait. No membrane sweep. No induction. It will mean the baby will likely be delivered by a different doctor since she's not scheduled to work at the hospital at all next week....but I'm OK with that.


Since we cancelled our induction, I've been trying to use every old wive's tale to get labor moving along on my own. From tinctures, to drinking my weight in raspberry tea, prenatal massage, and walking (even though my hip has literally been clicking with every other step for the last 2 weeks)....this baby is strapped in and coming on its own terms! 

We have an NST and one last ultrasound scheduled for Tuesday but I'm really hoping I just go into labor on my own before then!

No comments:

Post a Comment