Friday, October 30, 2020

28 weeks - "It'll be fine," and other famous last words

It's so funny how I ended my last post highly convinced I'd pass my glucose test. I've never had to take the 3hr test and my 1hr initial test, I thought was going splendid.

Until it didn't. "If you get a call in the next 48 hours, that means you didn't pass."

Ring, Ring!

I don't wish this 3hr test on anyone! But word of advice, bring something to keep you busy and your mind off the time or the fact that you're hungry/thirsty. I thought I'd at least be able to drink water while I waited. But I had Edith's Halloween costume to make, so it honestly wasn't that bad at all.


Movement: I felt hiccups! It's only happened once or twice, but it was much later in the game with both Grace and Edith, before I could feel them.


Next up: Halloween is tomorrow! Grace decided two months ago that she wanted to be a cat. As quickly as she changes her mind about things she wants to wear, I held off getting any costume supplies until the last minute, but she stuck to cat, so what goes better with a cat than a mouse? It will actually be Edith's second Halloween she's been a mouse, but the first one was Gus from Sleeping Beauty and she had no idea what was going on lol!!




I honestly think this is the first Halloween I haven't planned a costume. I actually still do have the one I wore when I was pregnant with Grace, which has now found its way into the interwebs (scroll down towards the bottom..oh heeeeey). My college self would be super disappointed in my lack of creativity!


Now that I'm in my 3rd trimester (what?!) my appointments increase to every 2 weeks. I can't believe we're already here!

No comments:

Post a Comment