Friday, November 27, 2020

32 week update

New this week: It is so funny to go back and read my '32 weeks' posts from when I was pregnant with Grace and Edith. Even with my last pregnancy and having been through it once already, I still sound sooo naive! Especially knowing now I was pregnant with another girl but kept trying to point out all the "differences" between my pregnancies. Has there been anything new? Not really! There haven't been any real anomalies, even down to my weight gain which has been about the same each time.


Baby purchases: Just one! I'm kind of proud of myself. In fact, I've sold alot of things! That double stroller I went on and on about last pregnancy? I did end up loving it. It was great and I had no complaints. I ended up actually buying 4 (FOUR!!) double strollers lol (in addition to the single stroller which I kept, and will continue to keep cus we actually use that more now than any of the doubles). And I guess this recent baby purchase (another double) makes it 5. Oops. What I realized is each double has its own purpose. Would you wear wedges to go for a run? Or hiking boots to church? So strollers are the same lol. I ended up getting:

  1. Peg Perego Book for Two - I called this one my Cadillac. It was my most expensive, "luxurious" stroller. I used it for places I knew were going to have gravel, dirt, and pavement. Basically farmers markets and that's it. I loved that stroller but once Grace started wanting to walk more, I just couldn't justify keeping it. (Even though, yes, it can be used for baby #3...I actually got the 5th double for that purpose recently). Sold this one.
  2. Zoe Double - As much as I loved the Book for Two, it was heavy and not practical for quick in and out of the store trips. My mom has kept this stroller for the majority of the time because it doesn't take up much room in the car and is perfectly practical. Keeping this one.
  3. A big box brand tandem - I honestly don't remember what brand it was. It was discontinued and I searched the nation for it because it looked like a City Select Lux dupe (came with 2 seats, one could be removed to reveal a bench seat, and had a riding board). It seemed practical and I guess after all my research, I still wasn't completely sold a side by side vs a tandem was better. It was used just a few times around my parents' neighborhood and the push was awful. I hate that I had this shipped used from TX because I thought I was being savvy lol. But there's a reason this stroller was discontinued! Sold this one.
  4. City Select Lux - My recent purchase; this replaced my Book for Two. It has so many configurations, and the one I expect to use the most, is baby #3 in one seat, and leaving the bench seat open for whichever kid wants to sit. It also has a small foot stand, so if need be, one can stand, one can sit on the bench, and baby in the seat! It's pretty heavy too, but I hope I love using this stroller more than the big box tandem I ended up selling.
  5. Double Bob - You can't run with any of these other doubles. For the few times I feel like running with 2 children, this is a GREAT stroller. It's hard to get in and out of the car cus it's a beast, so it stays open in the garage and is used for neighborhood strolls.


Nursery prep: So we are moving along with the upstairs reno! The carpet has been ripped up, the closet has been framed and drywall started. Just need to finish out the closet and pick flooring which will go down next month. We decided on going with a mini-split...it'll ultimately bring the highest value to the house once we go to sell (not anytime soon). That'll be installed here in 2 weeks! After floors are down, I think it'll be move-in ready for Bee and we can start on the baby's nursery. I really only need to scrape the ceiling...if I can get the closet built out with shelves too, that would be nice...but non-necessity!




Moment of the week: This didn't just occur this week, but the "public announcement" was made...Mathias's youngest brother is gonna be a dad!! We are so excited for Nate and Beth..and all summer I kept saying how much I hoped they had a baby soon. I guess 2020 did give us some things we asked for! They are due 4 months after us.


Up next: We should be getting our Christmas family photos back in the next 2 weeks. Just in time to get Christmas cards out. I'm so excited to see them! The girls were being very cute...it'll be hard to choose between favorites to fit on the card!

No comments:

Post a Comment